This Week at Phipps: April 10 – 16
There's always something new to see and do at Phipps! This weekly blog post provides a run-down of the latest happenings so you can plan your visit. Events listed below require no advance registration unless noted otherwise.
- LAST CHANCE: Spring Flower Show: Enchanted Forest | Through Sun., April 16 Only
Explore the captivating beauty of vibrant spring blooms as forest animals awake from hibernation to welcome the season.
- Make the Switch at Phipps! Green Power Drive
Switch your home electricity to 100% green power while visiting our Tropical Forest Conservatory and you can receive free Phipps membership!
- Companion Plants: A Youth Art Exhibition
In the CSL Green Gallery, enjoy artistic depictions of beneficial plant relationships created by high school students for the Fairchild Challenge environmental competition.
- Tropical Forest Congo
Explore some of Africa’s lushest landscapes and see botanical specimens never before showcased at Phipps.
Mon., April 10:
- Make-a-Craft Mondays | 10:30 a.m. – noon
Create your very own Phipps masterpiece! Every Monday, children are invited to engage in nature-inspired arts-and-crafts projects using recyclable materials.
Tues., April 11:
- Milkweed for Monarchs | 10:30 a.m. – noon | R.S.V.P. required
Learn how native plants like milkweed support species such as the monarch butterfly, then receive milkweed seeds so that you can create native planting areas of your own.
Wed., April 12:
- Story Time Wednesdays | 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Kids will love listening to our storytellers weave tales about gardens, fruits, vegetables, animals and other fun topics.
Fri., April 14:
- Pot-a-Plant Fridays | 10:30 a.m. – noon
Every Friday, children are introduced to the important connections between people, plants and the planet by potting their own fun plants to take home.
- Café Phipps Pop-Up Prix Fixe | Seatings available from 6 – 7 p.m. | R.S.V.P. required
Friday evenings, we're reinventing date night as our award-winning Café Phipps transforms into a gourmet restaurant. A delicious four-course meal provides the perfect prelude to a romantic stroll through the moonlit conservatory.
- Enjoy the Conservatory by twilight; we're open until 10 p.m.!
Sat., April 15:
- Meet a Scientist | 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Meet real scientists and learn about their work.
- SEED Classroom and Observational Beehive Open Hours | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Phipps' revolutionary non-toxic SEED Classroom and observational beehive are now open for you to discover. Drop in!
- Botanical Embroidery | 1:30 p.m.
View a botanical embroidery showcase.
Sun., April 16:
- It's So Bunny | 1:30 p.m.
Create celebratory floral arrangements.
Photos © Brian Cohen