Employment at Phipps
Phipps is looking for dedicated people with a passion for the green world. New opportunities are posted frequently so please check back often. Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com or mail to Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Human Resources Department, 1059 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232. Phipps is an equal opportunity employer.
Or, request an application by filling out our contact form.
Full-time employees enjoy discounts in The Shop in the Park, The Shop at Phipps and Café Phipps, as well as free tuition for Phipps education classes. After a 60-day waiting period, full-time employees are eligible for health care, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, personal leave, paid holidays, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance. After one year and 1,000 hours, full-time employees qualify for the retirement program.
Phipps is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to provide administrative support for the Executive Director. Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Arrange, coordinate, compose and/or type all written correspondence, emails, reports, memos, schedules and other materials for Executive Director
• Coordinate meetings and maintain Outlook calendar for Executive Director.
• Arrange and coordinate transportation, travel, hotel reservations, meals, written materials and meeting details for Executive Director, board members and staff.
• Place, answer and screen calls to visitors for the Executive Director. Greet and escort visitors. Provide Conservatory tours as required.
• Assist Executive Director with basic information research; prepare and arrange charts, graphs, audio-visual materials and other data as needed.
• Open, screen and direct mail for Executive Director.
• Maintain tracking system for correspondence and projects, keeping Executive Director apprised of the status of projects and adhering to project deadlines.
• Attend board meetings; record and accurately transcribe minutes for distribution. Prepare and organize information and necessary supplies for all board meetings.
• May be required to deliver or pick up documents and parcels, make trips to bank, post office, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The candidate must be a professional, highly motivated and reliable individual with exceptional writing, communication and organizational skills; must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) required. Bachelor’s degree and two years’ relevant experience preferred; museum/nonprofit experience is a plus. Please include a cover letter, resume and salary history when responding.
Human Resources Coordinator
Phipps is seeking a full-time Human Resources Coordinator to perform and manage human resources activities. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Policy and procedure writing and implementation
• Staff recruitment and new hire orientations
• Employee relations
• Benefits administration
• Human resources generalist duties
The candidate must be a professional, highly motivated individual with exceptional writing, communication and organizational skills; must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision. Strong computer (Microsoft Office) and time management skills required. Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or relevant field and experience working with personnel issues, policies, procedures and training required; museum/nonprofit experience is a plus. Please include a cover letter, resume and salary history when responding.
Part-time employees receive free parking and discounts in The Shop in the Park, The Shop at Phipps and Café Phipps. By maintaining an average of 15 hours per week, part-time employees can enroll in Phipps education classes tuition-free. After one year and 1,000 hours, part-time employees are eligible for the retirement program.
Guest Service Associate
Phipps is seeking part-time Guest Service Associates with friendly smiles and extraordinary customer service skills to assist with general admissions and gift shops. Combine your love of people and plants to welcome guests to Phipps! Applicants must have flexible schedules (15-20 hours per week), including weekday, Friday evening and weekend availability. Please include a cover letter and resume when responding.
As one of the nation’s oldest and largest Victorian greenhouses, Phipps provides the perfect location for any special event. Phipps is seeking a part-time Event Assistant to assist at weddings, receptions, showers, holiday parties, corporate meetings and other events throughout the year. Candidates must have a flexible schedule, including the ability to work weekday evenings and weekends. Please include a cover letter and resume when responding.