Get a glimpse of the world of tomorrow at this free public festival.
Want to see the future? Join the festivities on our front lawn as we host FutureFest, and get a glimpse of the world of tomorrow through art, demonstrations, performances, science and hands-on activities for all ages — from scavenger hunts to craft stations. A large, free public festival, FutureFest 2017 is the result of collaboration between several stakeholder organizations, led by Communitopia, working across different sectors, with the same goal of celebrating and promoting Pittsburgh’s vision of an achievable, sustainable future. Plus, during festival hours, Conservatory admission is 50-percent off, making this a great chance to enjoy FutureFest and Phipps in the same day!
Check out the festival website for a full schedule of events, including the chance to:
- Enjoy music performances from Bad Custer, Spacefish and more great local artists
- Watch an interactive, future-themed performance from Attack Theatre
- Explore options for renewable energy at home
- Visit the future through visual art from Creatives 4 Climate
- Design the built spaces of tomorrow with Children's Museum of Pittsburgh and Phipps
- Meet some of Pittsburgh's changemakers and learn about cool science from the experts
- Laugh into the future with Communitopia videos
- Check out the rides of tomorrow with our electric vehicle showcase, and even test-drive an electric bike
- Shop the future with eco-friendly, locally-produced artisan goods
The following participating organizations expected to appear:
- BlueGreen Alliance
- BlueLens, LLC
- Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
- Conservation Consultants, Inc.
- Creatives 4 Climate
- DECO Resources
- GASP (Group Against Smog and Pollution)
- Global Links
- Green Mountain Energy
- I Made It! Market
- Let's Move Pittsburgh
- Phipps Science Education and Research
- Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse
- Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Sierra Club, Allegheny Chapter
- Women for a Healthy Environment
Top photo © Paul g. Wiegman
More Events You’ll Enjoy
Thurs., May 4; 6:30 – 10 p.m.Join us for an unforgettable garden party to celebrate SUPER. NATURAL. Glass Art by Jason Gamrath, a spectacular new glass show in the tradition of Dale Chihuly and Hans Godo Fräbel.
Sun., June 11; 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Join us for our second annual free, fun and family-oriented BioBlitz! A BioBlitz brings together local scientists and naturalists, families, students, teachers and community members to conduct a biological survey of all of the living species in a given area.