Members-Only Art Tour
Sept. 22, 2013
9:30 – 11 a.m.
Join us for a special tour highlighting art at Phipps.
From the statue of Neptune acquired in 1893 to the seven Chihuly glass installations that became permanent fixtures in 2008, art has always complemented and enhanced Phipps’ commitment to horticultural excellence. On this special members-only guided walking tour of the Conservatory and outdoor gardens, you will learn intriguing details about the artists behind these exquisite works and how they came to be a part of our collection.
Members-Only Art Tours are free; however, space is limited and reservations are required. To sign up, please contact us at 412/622-6915, ext. 6505 or email@example.com.
Photo © Paul g. Wiegman
Other Featured Exhibits & Events
- One More Night of Winter Lights
- Friday, Jan. 30, 2015
5 – 11 p.m.
- Take one more walk through the dazzling light displays in our Outdoor and Children’s Discovery Gardens while our indoor spaces transform for the Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show.
- Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show
- Jan. 17 – March 1, 2015
- Chase away the winter blues with the spectacular sight of orchid specimens arranged in beds and baskets, and see unique selections from our permanent collection of tropical bonsai.
- Tropical Sundays
- Sundays, Feb 1, 8, 15 and 22, 2015
- Wear a tropical shirt and receive 50 percent off admission to relax under the palm trees, sway to music of Matthew Mazza and Carmen Bruno of the Tropical Sands Steel Band, and taste tropical fruit.
- Biophilia: Pittsburgh
- Next Meeting Feb. 5, 2015
6 p.m., with networking and refreshments at 5:30 p.m.
- Biophilia: Pittsburgh is the pilot chapter for a Biophilia Network of creative minds meeting monthly to discuss strengthening the bond between people and the natural world through education, discussion and action. Meetings are free to attend; advance RSVP is required. Join the conversation!
- Tropical Forest Congo
- Opens Feb. 7, 2015
- The beauty of the tropics flourishes as we unveil Tropical Forest Congo, a new exhibit featuring some of Africa’s lushest landscapes. See varieties of flora never before showcased at Phipps and discover how indigenous tribes use plants to sustain and enrich their lives.
- Tropical Forest Congo Opening Festival
- Feb. 7, 2015
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Be among the first to see our new Tropical Forest Congo exhibit as our guest at a special opening celebration. Family-friendly activities include a storytelling performance, African-inspired food sampling, cultural crafts and a pot-a-plant station — all free with Phipps admission.
- Party in the Tropics
- Select Fridays
Next Party Feb. 13, 2015
7 – 11 p.m.
- Gather your friends and get ready to dine, drink and dance the night away at Phipps! Make our paradise your own as you indulge in sweet and savory morsels, taste unique cocktails, and dance to the beats of a live DJ in our Tropical Forest Conservatory. Entry is free with Conservatory admission.
- Hothouse Happy Hours
- Thursday, Feb. 19, 2015
6 – 8 p.m.
- Join us on Feb. 19 as we partner with the Pittsburgh Urban Magnet Project (PUMP) to kick off Hothouse Happy Hours, a series of events for young professionals, featuring specialty cocktails, beer and wine, inspired bites and dynamic special guests.
- Seed, Perennial and Seedling Swap: 2015 Garden Season Opener
- Feb. 28, 2015
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - Main
- Join Phipps and Grow Pittsburgh at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh in Oakland to swap seeds and plants, learn tips and get ready for a great season of gardening. Bring seeds you saved from last year and take home an exciting selection to grow in your garden this year. Admission is free to the public.
- Garden Railroad
- Closes March 1, 2015
- A unique twist on the traditional Garden Railroad, this year's display takes you back in time to the California Gold Rush — complete with water features, interactive buttons for children to push, and miniature living plants.