Floral Notes: Jazz in the Garden
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
6:30 – 9 p.m.
Enjoy a summer night of cool jazz, delicious bites and refreshing drinks in our lush Outdoor Garden.
The best cure for the summer heat is an evening of cool jazz, colorful flowers and revitalizing refreshments. Join us to relax and unwind to the live music of Pittsburgh’s own Elevations and Velvet Heat while enjoying sangria, spritzers and small bites in our Outdoor Garden.
Registration for Floral Notes: Jazz in the Garden is open to ages 21+ at the cost of $41.99 for Phipps members and $49.99 for nonmembers. Price includes hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar will be available. To reserve your spot, please contact us at 412/622-6915, ext. 6505 or firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP by Friday, June 14, as space is limited.
More Special Events
Please also stay tuned for details on these forthcoming events:
Garden Variety: A Farm to Phipps Dinner
Sunday, July 21; 6:30 – 9 p.m.
Not a member? Become one today and secure discounted prices for these events!
Other Featured Exhibits & Events
- Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show
- Jan. 18 – March 9, 2014
- Escape the cold of winter as you delight in a spectacular variety of colorful orchid specimens arranged in beds and baskets, and get a rare chance to see our entire collection of tropical bonsai all at once.
- Garden Railroad
- Now Open
- A unique twist on the traditional Garden Railroad, this year's display takes you to Phipps Prehistoric Park — a whimsical world where dinosaurs are brought back to life! Full of surprises, detailed models, moving parts and trains, this can't-miss exhibit is a thrilling adventure for all ages.
- Party in the Tropics
- Select Fridays
Next Party March 7, 2014
7 – 11 p.m.
- Gather your friends and get ready to dine, drink and dance the night away at Phipps! Make our paradise your own as you indulge in sweet and savory morsels, taste unique cocktails, and dance to the beats of a live DJ in our Tropical Forest Conservatory. Entry is free with Conservatory admission.
- Inspire Speakers Series
- Second Thursday of every month, November 2013 – May 2014, except where noted
Next Event March 13, 2014
5 – 8 p.m.
- Green Building Alliance (GBA) and Phipps collaborate to host a second year of all-star local and national guest speakers at the Center for Sustainable Landscapes. Registration with GBA is required.
- Seed Swap: 2014 Garden Season Opener
- March 15, 2014
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - Main
- Join Phipps and Grow Pittsburgh at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh in Oakland to swap seeds, learn tips and get ready for a great season of gardening. Bring seeds you saved from last year and take home an exciting selection to grow in your garden this year. Admission is free to the public.
- Biophilia: Pittsburgh
- Next Meeting March 20, 2014
- Biophilia: Pittsburgh is the pilot chapter for a Biophilia Network of creative minds meeting monthly to discuss strengthening the bond between people and the natural world through education, discussion and action. Meetings are free to attend; advance RSVP is required. Join the conversation!
- Spring Flower Show
- March 22 – April 20, 2014
- Take a toe-tapping journey through a musical world where melodies bloom like flowers. Highlights include whimsical sculptures made out of up-cycled instruments, plantings designed to mimic the rise and fall of musical notes, and thousands of beautiful blooms.
- Brunch in Bloom
- Select Sundays, March – May 2014
Seatings available at 11 a.m. and 1:15 p.m., except where noted
- One of Pittsburgh’s best-kept foodie secrets returns! Join us to indulge in some of the freshest local, sustainable and seasonal flavors around town. Conservatory admission is included in the price!
- Spring Flower Show Member Night
- March 27, 2014
6:30 – 9 p.m.
- Members get a private look at the sights, scents and sounds of Spring Flower Show, a music-inspired display of color and sweetly scented blooms. This event includes a cash bar and light snacks. RSVP required by March 17.
- Used Bulb Sale
- Saturdays, April 5, 19 and 26, 2014
10 a.m. – noon
- Attend our Used Bulb Sale for a chance to mix and match enough bulbs — including hyacinths, daffodils and lilies — to plant two pots, all for just $5!
- Bowties & Butterflies
- Thursday, April 24, 2014
6:30 – 10 p.m.
- Join us for a spring time garden gala as we welcome beautiful butterflies back to our Stove Room and toast the return of warmer weather.
- Butterfly Forest
- April 26 – Sept. 1, 2014
- Watch as gorgeous butterflies emerge from their chrysalises to soar and glide among colorful, bug-friendly blooms. One may even land on you!
- Tropical Forest India
- Now Open
- Explore our new exhibit showcasing one of the most botanically rich regions of the world. Highlights include an Ayurvedic healing garden, spice and tea market displays, a stunning temple facade on Special Events Hall, and more!