Spring Flower Show Member Night
Saturday, March 9, 2013
Join your fellow members for an exclusive first look at the secret gardens of Spring Flower Show.
NOTE: This event is booked to capacity; further reservations cannot be taken.
Phipps’ Spring Flower Show celebrates the return of warm weather in style with visual surprises and sweet scents that are sure to uplift guests of all ages after a long Pittsburgh winter. As a special thank you for your support, it is our pleasure to invite you, our cherished members, to join us for an exclusive first look at this rejuvenating new exhibit.
• Explore our new Spring Flower Show displays, inspired by Frances Hodgson Burnett’s beloved children’s classic, The Secret Garden
• Attend a members-only reception with a cash bar and complimentary hors d’oeuvres
• Receive a 20-percent discount on all merchandise in The Shop at Phipps (excluding Chihuly and Fräbel glass)
• Stop by tables throughout the gardens to meet and talk with Phipps staff
This special night is free for members; however, pre-registration is required. To reserve your spot for the event, please contact us at 412/622-6915, ext. 6505 or email@example.com by March 1.
More Member Exclusives
Please also join us for the following members-only events:
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Shake off the mid-week blues and join us for a lively night of dueling rock ‘n roll piano music as you mingle and mix with friends, sample delicious hors d’oeuvres, and dance to your heart’s desire. RSVP by March 20.
Plus, stay tuned for details on these forthcoming member exclusives:
Tuesday, May 14, 2013; 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Floral Notes: Jazz in the Garden
Tuesday, June 18, 2013; 6:30-9 p.m.
Garden Variety: A Farm to Phipps Dinner
Sunday, July 21, 2013; 6:30-9 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013; 6:30-9:30pm
Not a member? Become one today and gain access to these and other exclusive events!
Photo © Paul g. Wiegman
Other Featured Exhibits & Events
- Butterfly Forest
- April 26 – Sept. 1, 2014
- Garden Railroad
- Now Open
- Bowties & Butterflies
- Thursday, April 24, 2014
6:30 – 10 p.m.
- Natives on the Rooftop
- April 4 – June 8, 2014
Tuesdays – Saturdays, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Phipps Garden Center in Mellon Park
- Used Bulb Sale
- Saturdays, April 5, 19 and 26, 2014
10 a.m. – noon
- Biophilia: Pittsburgh
- Next Meeting May 1, 2014
- Party in the Tropics
- Select Fridays
Next Party May 2, 2014
7 – 11 p.m.
- 30th Annual Great Plant Auction
- May 2, 2014
- May Market and National Public Gardens Day
- May 9 and 10, 2014
Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Summer Flower Show
- May 10 – Oct. 5, 2014
- Inspire Speakers Series
- Second Thursday of every month, November 2013 – May 2014, except where noted
Next Event May 15, 2014
5 – 8 p.m.
- Discovery Garden Day
- May 25, 2013
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- From the Ground Up: Community Feast
- May 31, 2014
12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Farmers at Phipps
- Wednesdays, June – October 2014
2:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Peek Behind the Petals
- June 28, 2014
9:30 – 10:15 a.m.
- Tropical Forest India
- Now Open