Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, 2012
Seatings available at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Reserve your place for special holiday tradition: a formal English-style tea at Phipps Garden Center in Mellon Park.
Discover a new holiday tradition within a quaint Victorian library setting at Phipps Garden Center in Mellon Park. As part of this formal English-style tea, our award-winning Café Phipps will provide a delicious selection of tea, sandwiches and other treats for your enjoyment. Plus, our festive Gifts and Greens Market will be open for shopping before and after you dine.
Holiday Tea is $24 per person for Phipps members, and $27 for non-members (price includes tax and service). To make a reservation or learn more, please call 412/651-5281.
• Freshly-Baked Scones with Mascarpone-Orange Spread and House-Made Organic Preserves
• House-Made Lemon Tarts and Caramelized Apple Tarts
• Black Forest Trifles
• Assorted Finger Sandwiches: Watermelon, Mint and Whipped Goat Cheese; Bay Shrimp Salad with Organic Butter Lettuce and Avocado; Prosciutto with Fig Jam, Sliced Pear and Arugula; and Roasted Vegetable with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
You may also enjoy a Mimosa or Poinsettia Cocktail for $5.
*Items subject to change
Other Featured Exhibits & Events
- Three More Nights of Winter Lights
- Jan. 30, 2015; 5 – 11 p.m.
Feb. 6 and 13, 2015; 5 – 10 p.m.
- Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show
- Jan. 17 – March 1, 2015
- Tropical Sundays
- Sundays, Feb 1, 8, 15 and 22, 2015
- Biophilia: Pittsburgh
- Next Meeting Feb. 5, 2015
6 p.m., with networking and refreshments at 5:30 p.m.
- Tropical Forest Congo
- Opens Feb. 7, 2015
- Tropical Forest Congo Opening Festival
- Feb. 7, 2015
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Party in the Tropics
- Select Fridays
Next Party Feb. 13, 2015
7 – 11 p.m.
- Hothouse Happy Hours
- Thursday, Feb. 19, 2015
6 – 8 p.m.
- Seed, Perennial and Seedling Swap: 2015 Garden Season Opener
- Feb. 28, 2015
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - Main
- Garden Railroad
- Closes March 1, 2015